Welcome to a Blog for Working Poets

Poets depend on labels. Beat poet, Chicano Poet, Feminist Poet. But we're all poets and need not get trapped in boxes. I am joking around with my little box.

Monday, July 26, 2010

Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Anglo Poet

Actually, this poet feels more like
diced vegetables stir fried in an
iron skillet. I got an Irish grandpa
and a French grandma, and I got
a German grandpa and I got also
a Scottish grandma and who knows
what else. I take on a tossed salad
of identities every hour of the day.
I'm daddy driving my daughter to
day-care, I'm lover in bed at night,
I'm a bad car mechanic, a house
painter, and fair roofer, a son and
a cousin. Like you I'm switchin' my
gears all the time. It's kinda fun
and I don't feel at all lost. In fact
I could use about a hundred more
labels. I'm a little on the bored
side these days. I'm a teacher and
a student, a seller and a buyer.
In my next life I want to come back
as a volcano, or maybe as a dung-
beetle inside Yorick's skull in some
forgotten hamlet. The question is
where would I rather be right now,
taking a walk in an April field or
sitting a Krogers using their WyFy
to type on this borrowed laptop.

No comments:

Post a Comment